As an online student, you will need to meet minimum computer, Internet connection speed, and audio/video resource requirements to successfully complete the program. Below are the Minimum specifications to participate; additional recommendations for a PC, MAC or Mobile device are listed in the section labeled Preferred Specifications.
- Web browser: Mozilla Firefox (latest version); Google Chrome; Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Apple Safari
- Adobe® Flash® Player latest version in computers or Adobe® Connect™ Mobile in tablets
- Adobe Reader installed
- There will be a need for a Broadband Internet connection such as Cable/DSL because of live streaming video and audio. A wired connection is recommended over wireless but not necessary. Dial up connection will NOT be able to support the live portion of the class
- Bandwidth: 1 Mbps for participant of Adobe Connect application
- Headsets are required for online classes
- E-mail account
All users must listen to class sessions using headphones, not computer speakers, to avoid feedback when their microphones are enabled. If you have a built-in microphone that you prefer to use, you must use basic headphones or earbuds in conjunction with the built-in microphone, or else there will be feedback problems with the audio. Please make sure that you have your headset in time for the first class session.
Test Your Headset: You should test your headset in advance of your first class.
Before you join an Adobe Connect Room for the first time:
- Read the technical requirements above, and be sure you have everything you need.
- Conduct a Meeting Connection Diagnostic well before the first live session, to make sure that your computer is ready.
- Check your Internet speed.
- Read the Accessing a course - Manual so you will know how to participate.
- Familiarize yourself with the software.
Useful links (computers):
- Basic computer keyboard knowledge
- Basic knowledge about how to work with documents, files and your computer system
- Copy, Paste, Move
- Create New Folders
- Navigate through your computer
- Basic knowledge of the following programs and tools:
- Word processing program ( ie: MS Word)
- E-Mail (ie: MS Outlook, GMail, Hotmail, etc.)
- Internet Navigator (ie: Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)
- Search Engine (ie: Google, Bing, etc.)
In order to effectively participate in the live portion of the class, Adobe Connect, the following additional system requirements are recommended:
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Microsoft® Windows® XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8; 2GHz Pentium 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Windows Vista®
- Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended) for Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8; 1GB of RAM (2GB recommended) for Windows Vista
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3+ (11.2+ recommended)
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- No Adobe Connect Add-in support for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard). Users on Leopard can attend meetings in the browser.*
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3+ (11.2+ recommended)
- Apple supported devices: iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad with Retina display, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (4th & 5th generations)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 5 and higher
- Android supported devices: HTC EVO 4G, Motorola Atrix, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy SII/SIII, Nexus 7 tablet
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.3.4 and higher
- On Android devices, the Adobe Connect Mobile 2.1 app no longer requires the Adobe AIR Runtime to be installed
- All features of Adobe Connect Mobile are supported when attending meetings on Adobe Connect Server version 8.2 and higher, from a supported mobile device
- New features added in Adobe Connect Mobile 2.1 may not be enabled in all Adobe Connect Server meetings running on an 8.1 or older server
- Meeting server must be Adobe Connect 7.5.1 or higher in order to use Adobe Connect Mobile 2.1
Support and assistance
There are various ways to seek assistance through our Admissions Department and the Support Department.
- In Spanish (506) 2265-63-06. Ext. 122
- In English (506) 2265-6306. Ext. 108 or 109
- Staff is available during the CPI office hours 8:00 am - 5:00 pm from Monday through Friday.
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond as quickly as possible when staff is in the office as per the CPI's regular hours of operation.
We support issues related to using our online learning courses only. If your computer or internet connection is malfunctioning, please contact the appropriate support resource through your vendor.